收起左侧

[英文] 《The Star Party》作者: - Robert Lory【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-9-18 10:23 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
THE STAR PARTY BY ROBERT LORYI feel bad about the killing especially since it wouldn’t have happened if I’dlistened to Vicki. We should stay away from Hadley’s party she said. She hadreasons—none of them the right one but she had reasons. “These things are always such bores” she complained as she put up herlong blonde hair. “I can’t stand your Madison Avenue beetle-brains playing their characterroles” was her reason as I started the car. “They’re all a bunch of mashers” she said as we entered the elevator inHadley’s building. “And Hadley’s a lush” she snapped when the elevator arrived at the ninthfloor. I was pressing Hadley’s buzzer when Vicki sounded her last poutingargument. “His breath is repulsive too.” I nodded agreement just as I had nodded agreement with everything elseshe had said. I pointed out in rebuttal that to get established on the Avenue suchthings were necessary— the parties the mashers and Hadley’s bad breath. Ididn’t say anything about Isvara. Though Vicki didn’t know him Isvara was whywe were showing at this particular party. The door opened and sounds of loud good fellowship flooded the hallway. Afat and drooling Hadley blocked the view of the goings-on inside. “George old man And lovely lovely lovely Vicki” We stepped in andHadley stumbled his way to the closet dropping Vicki’s coat before making it. Hewas loaded already. “My and how beautiful you certainly do look” he said returning to Vicki’sside. The slob was right of course. He had one lone talent but it was enough tomake him a high-salaried art director. He could judge beauty. And Vicki— tallblonde and shapely in her silver gown—was female beauty itself tonight “Hey kids look who’s here—it’s Georgie Bond. Ho there wonder boy”These words bubbled forth from the most loudmouthed account executive in NewYork. How Breem ever got along with clients was beyond my understanding. Hedid have a way with words though—so I grimaced waiting for the sequel to the“wonder boy” he’d just tagged me with. It came with a sickening guffaw: “Yes sir we all wonder boy how you evergot yourself a woman like that. Haw ha ha.” We haw-ha-ha’d our way through Hadley’s living room and dining roomreceiving greetings ranging from halfhearted smiles
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 13:26 , Processed in 1.655090 second(s), 54 queries .