收起左侧

[英文] 《The Dam》作者: - Daniel Marcus【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-2 12:09 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Dam Daniel Marcus“Not far from where I used to live in Western Massachusetts there was a reservoir much like the one in this story a project from the 30s to bring water to thirstyBoston sacrificing the thriving vibrant towns of the Swift River Valley. Every time I drove past those still blue waters I thought of the houses stores and roads beneath of the lives that had traversed that sumberged geography andsometimes imagined myself down there in one of the houses looking out a parlor window at the dappled surface above.” I N ONE BEAKER prepare a solution of seventy-six percent sulfuric acidtwenty-three percent nitric acid and one percent water. In another beakerprepare a solution of fifty-seven percent nitric acid and forty-three percentsulfuric acid. Percentages are given by weight not volume. I was standing on the causeway that runs across the top of the dam lookingout over the reservoir. It had been raining for days and the water was the color ofmilky tea. “It’s good” a voice behind me said. I whirled around nearly jumping out of my skin. “Jesus Oscar you scared the daylights out of me.” “It’s good when it’s like this” he said his eyes grey and empty as the sky. Asmall rivulet of drool escaped from the corner of his mouth. “What’s good” I asked. “The Dragon cannot live in water that is too pure” he said. He was looking through me out across the water. Beneath his hat drippingwet from the rain I knew that there was a depressed concavity in his skull as ifsomeone had taken a tennis ball and pushed it deep into soft putty. The hair theregrew thick and curly. Beneath the muddy brown water the
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 12:11 , Processed in 2.015654 second(s), 54 queries .